Choose your Next Stop
Working to create, diversify and enhance job growth and to promote business development and stability.
Supporting business and the development community within city government and between city agencies.
Top 10 Holtville Economic Development Facts
- Conveniently Located: on SR 115, just north of the intersection of I-8/SR7.
- Large Trade Area Population: 1.8 million residents in the Holtville/Mexicalli Trade Area.
- Holtville is Logistics! Your next hub for shipping, logistics, warehousing and production.
- Holtville is a Target Area for new Maquiladora (Twin Plant) investment! Maquiladors are factories that import material and equipment on a duty-free and tariff-free basis for assembly, processing, or manufacturing and then export the assembled, processed and/or manufactured products, sometimes back to the raw materials' country of origin.
- Public Safety is a Priority! Holtville will construct a new 8,000 square foot New Public Safety Building for the Imperial County Sherriff's Department and Holtville Fire Department.
- Infrastructure Investment is also a Priority!
- Roads: Holtville is investing in upgrading its roads, including the Fifth Street and Grape Avenue Intersection Improvements, Fourth Street and SR 115 Intersection Improvements, Ninth Street Improvements, and Fourth Street Curb, Gutter and Sidewalk Improvements.
- Water: New infrastructure investment includes new water supply 1.5 million gallon tank.
- Sewer: New Outfall Main (3 miles) and Waste Water Treatment Plan rehabilitation (Biolac Wave-Ox System).
- Parks and Recreation: Alamo River Recreation Trail, Earl Walker Park and Mack Park Baseball Field #2.
- Holtville is Growing! The City has new retail, industrial and residential development presently under construction.
- The Holtville Airport is part of the CAL UAS Portal, a regional economic development initiative. The proposed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Test Site extends from the NAS China Lake/Edwards Air Force Area, West to the Pacific Ocean, South to the Holtville Airport and Mexican border, and East to the Arizona border.
- Fast Entitlements! Streamlined building permit and plan check review process.
- Low Fees! Minimal development impact fees, including the 2013 Residential Development Incentive Program (66% fee reduction)!
- Easy to Work With! Holtville is known for our friendly and efficient local government!
Best viewed in 1024x768 pixel resolution or greater. Adobe Flash plugin required
powered by ESG